Converting Solid State to Tube Rectification on a Preamp

I am looking to convert my Preamp from a Bridge Rectifier to a Tube Rectifier.  Any members have done or knows how to do this. Your help are much appreciated!

128x128zipost
I have a Blue Circle 21 preamp. Output tubes are 6sn7 with a solid state bridge rectifier. I want to replace that solid state bridge rectifier with a tube say 6x5. I will be using the existing 6v for the heater or running on battery for the heater. My questions are:

1)  curently the unit is running on a bridge rectifier, if i convert it to tube, then it has to be half wave rectifier.   To run the preamp at full wave, a pair of two 6x5 are needed?  

2) if i do make that change to a single 6x5 tube rectifier, with the preamp does it matter if i do run it in a half wave or full wave??

3) does anyone knows how to do this, if you can help me out??

Much appreciated!!

Rodman.... currently on the preamp I have a Schottky Diode 10120a from Cree/Wofspeed.   To me it's the best custom bridge Rectifier that i have try so far.   The Schottky outperformed the Vishay Hexfred ( ultra fast, ultra soft). 

@salectric
A solid state power supply often uses a full-wave-bridge (4 diodes) that can be fed by a power supply winding that does not have a center-tap.
Is it possible to use two 6X5 or one 6X5 with 2 Schottky Diodes, and add a heater transformer to make use of the existing power transformer?
You need to use a center-tapped transformer with a 6x5 to achieve full-wave rectification.