Upgrade Thiel CS3.6 or McIntosh AMP

I currently have a McIntosh MC7150w (150wpc) that I am using with a pair of Thiel CS3.6 speakers.  I'm thinking of upgrading and trying to determine if I should spending $3-4k on a bigger amp or put the money towards a different set of speakers.  Any suggestions?
128x128dnanstad
I have the 3.6's and had them for over 20 years. As I upgraded the front end over the years (from Adcom separates to the Levinson 20.6's and 23.5) the 3.6's sounded better and better. 

Personally, I think that you will not find a speaker worthy of replacing the 3.6's with only 4 grand. The only speakers I've heard that I would consider replacing mine with is the Magico S5 as I was impressed with that speaker's ability to handle the low end of orchestral recordings.

It's unfortunate that the 3.6's are not taken seriously as they only cost about $4500 new (when one is willing to spend twice as much on a power cord).

I have a hunch you will be disappointed in getting rid of them.
What are you not happy with? I think you could use a larger amp, but only if you are not happy with the dynamics - Tough to beat the 3.6 with 3-4K, they are such a great value. If you are looking for a better sound, try some room treatments. Much cheaper, and very rewarding!
I agree on NOT getting rid of the thiels!  So, a different amp it is.  Never had a tube amp so that might be kind of fun
I have never owned the 3.6 but looking at there specs. Your going to need some serious tube pwr at least 100 watts to make them come alive.If I was using solid state I would want at least 200 to 250 watts and I'm not a headbanger by any means.
Offcourse that's just my opinion and your room size and preferences would dictate what you would prefer.

I had a set of the Janzen Valentina's for a short time that are only 87db efficient and they definitely needed some pwr to Sound their best,but in the end they didn't work out in my room and I sold them.

Kenny.