JL Audio F110 Vs F112

Would a pair of F112 be a significant improvement over a pair of F110 for hi-fi music only system?
tgonzales
In my listening room of a little over 13’ x 16’ I find a single SVS SB16-Ultra to blend in very well. I’ve placed it off-center to the right between my two main speakers, and has spent some time aligning it fore/aft to make for the best timing integration, as well as adding a few, small DIY bass traps in each corner behind the main speakers to help control some bass peaks and make for a more stable and saturated stereo image. Coupled with the slight use of DSP-based PEQ and phase adjust the integration is excellent, and the respons is very flat. Coverage and smoothness through multiple (usually smaller) subs may have an advantage compared to a single sub, but I would emphasize the problem with lack of timing as a severe drawback here, insofar the subs have been spread throughout the room. There’s also the issue of single, larger radiating areas vs. multiple smaller dittos for bass, where generally I have a preference for the former. I would have loved to try out a dual sub setup with the specific sub I’m using, but unfortunately space won’t allow for this experiment with a placement between or on each outside of my main speakers.
I sold my f113 for two f110 v2.  I am using primarily for 2 channel and home theater.  Very pleased with the even bass with enough slam for home theater.  I use a JL CR-1 to integrate into system
I've wanted a sub in my system for quite some time and considered going the F110 route at one point until I read a few reviews on them showing their fairy limited SPL output before resorting to higher then ideal levels of distortion.

If I remember correctly they started showing signs of stress just over 95db of output which is subpar IMO for a sub.

For this reason I wouldnt consider anything less than an F112 at minimum for my listening habits.
There are no absolutes with Audio. Everyone has their opinion and I can only repeat what I've already stated based on actual listening, "I prefer one F112 to dual F110s. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Why did they stop making the F110?