For older guys

On a recent Good Will LP foraging trip, I came across a Perry Como album new still in wrap .
Now, I never cared about Perry as a kid growing up but I had had a very beloved aunt
who adored him, and in her honor bought the album .

Spun it today and ,through the tears for my aunt, I saw why she adored him.
What I took for a sap when I was a kid had changed into a master of what
he did , perfect phrasing and timing , he just made his art, and art it was, seem easy and I was the sap.

schubert
Don't listen to many of the guys you mentioned for their mainstream music but I have Andy Williams, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, and the Andrews Sisters Christmas music.  Two singers I do love are Nancy Wilson (the jazz singer) and Doris Day. I inherited one of Nancy's LP's from my mom "Just For Now."  People from that era could sing (on key).  None of that "let the machine adjust my off-key notes" for any of them. 
I also inherited a Johnny Mathis LP that is incredible! Unfortunately, it's pretty scratched up so I unpacked an old turntable and got a conical stylus for the Stanton 500 in it. It helps quite a bit. Now I can play Joni James (never heard of her before I went through the old stash. Very cool!) Louis Prima, Nat King Cole.

Speaking of singers who could hit the true notes, Verve's Ella Fitzgerald collections are very good.
When it comes to comedy, taste is one of the first sacred cows to fall.  But that's when parody can be it's sharpest and most memorable.
They weren't suggesting that he was a lazy bum--they were taking his laid-back personality to the extreme.  It's farcical, not to be taken literally.