DLP lamps

I own a Toshiba 72MX195 HD/DLP and it's about 3 months old. I have already had to replace the lamp which is warrantied for 1 year. Is there an issue with these lamps I should be aware of? The lamps are running around $400.00CDN and I am going to be quite disappointed, not to mention some other feelings that the moderators won't allow me to express, if this is going to be an ongoing issue. Could this have been just a faulty lamp? Are there any better aftermarket lamps I should be looking at for a spare?

If the TV or bulbs DO have a design flaw at least I can spread the word and help make people aware.

Thank for any thoughts.

nuguy
I think this is a common problem with DLP's generally. Two co-workers of mine have Hitachi and Mitshubishi sets that have the same issues.
Cruz123 - No it's not the common problem with DLP. I have Samsung 42" DLP with over 6000hrs on the bulb (rated 8000). Previous bulb burned after over 8000hrs. I'm using this TV since early 2001 more than 6hrs every day (I'm an addict)
My 57" Mits is going on 2.5 yrs old and still have the original bulb in it. I do have another on hand when i eventually fails.
Just don't buy a Toshiba and everything will be fine. Mine is going again right now. What happens is it makes several attempts to start. Then the bulb goes. The on I am using right now is 11 months old and starting to go already
Update on my Panasonic. The bulb finally went in early Feb 09. No warranty left so I went to Ebay and found a replacement made by Philips. The bulb cost $85 with shipping included. This is a bare bulb so I had to install it in it's cage. No big deal and I wore surgeons gloves so as to keep skin oils off the bulb. Reinstalled it and it worked fine. Alas, three weeks later the tv won't come on and the "bulb warning lamp" flashes. I contacted the firm where I purchased the bulb (under warranty) and was told to replace the Ballast! I looked into this with a local tv repair guy and found the ballast replacement is going to be in the area of $500/$700 range! Considering I got a deal on this tv (cost me $900) I decided not to fix it and went out and bought a new Sony LCD TV. I did the research on the web and Panasonic was sued and supposedly made "good" to other purchasers. I can't get anywhere with them cause the suit has been settled. So I guess I'll try and have a go at fixing the Panasonic since I was able to find a refurbished ballast on line for $140.
I'm going to get around to it soon and will update this post with the results.