Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
The Ayre VX-5 now has about 50 hours.  Initially the 2.4s revealed the "new amp" pre break-in roughness in its presentation especially in the upper frequencies.  We are all aware our Thiels are extremely good at revealing upstream equipment's possible shortcomings (I believe this is what has given many the impression that Thiels have certain issues,  I propose that many were blaming the speakers for other system issues the speakers simply exposed).  I had used a well broken in demo amp in my system before making my purchase so I was confident that time would improve this "fresh" amp.  Also during my demo I operated with balanced interconnects from my VAC preamp while I presently am using single ended until the cables I have ordered arrive.  All that being said... the 2.4s have been a clear, and somewhat exciting, listening window into the new amp breakin process.  At this point many of the initial rough edges have begun to transform into some of the most enticing aural images, with clarity and increased engagement.  Unfortunately I will need to spend many more hours, and many more albums to reach the recommended minimum break-in period of 100 hours.  A job assignment I think I will continue to enjoy...
Thanks! for the update- drrsutliff

I venture to say that at least 200 hours on break-in. You are well on your way! Keep me posted as you massage the new amp into your system.

Happy Listening!