JL Audio F110 Vs F112

Would a pair of F112 be a significant improvement over a pair of F110 for hi-fi music only system?
tgonzales
There are no absolutes with Audio. Everyone has their opinion and I can only repeat what I've already stated based on actual listening, "I prefer one F112 to dual F110s. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Why did they stop making the F110?
I had the opportunity to test a pair of F112s vs a pair of F110s.  Same location, same system.   The F112s produce more powerful (visceral) bass and seem less stressed (less movement) than the F110s.  I would not consider it a night-and-day upgrade in a pure two-channel system IN MY ROOM.   Other settings and other uses may prove very different.

The reasons to start with the F112 are aesthetics (a 12" looks the part), potential when stressed and having the more commonly reviewed model (which probably helps long-term resale).   These three reasons probably do not merit the price difference, but I'm keeping them to avoid the worse of the audiophile vices: buyer's remorse.
I personally would always have a pair of 12's over smaller any day,
I feel like they get the most things in bass right without some of the shortcomings of smaller subs and like you said they fit the part physically better.

I know it depends on the room and the personal preference,with my fairly new speakers that have outstanding bass on there own I haven't even had my subs on.

Kenny.
IMO the F112s are the sweet spot in the JL Audio subwoofer line up.   I actually demo'd dual F112s vs dual F113s with my gear and found that I preferred the former.   I still have them and they sound great.