Has anyone listened to Legacy speakers?

I have seen several ads. and read bits and pieces of info. from Legacy. However, being in the military I haven't had the chance to make it to a show to listen to these speakers. I would like to hear your comments, good or bad. I believe my ears will make the final determination, but are they worth giving a listen? Thanks.
limabean683
Lak, you're crushing my dreams man. Don't tell me I got no future to look forward to. LOL. How old are yours? I have 3 boys (I know Fred McMurray) ages 17, 14 and 10. I was hoping in 7-10 years I'd be sitting pretty. Am I dilusional? Wait, maybe I don't want the answer to that.
I thought that one of the advantages of these user-groups was avoiding our domestic reality. I've got two kids, and your much further on the curve than me (my are 6 and 4 - love them lots, but woooo). So, let's not confuse reality with our passion.
Tubby, Thanks for the very thorough dissection and analysis of your Legacy's. As someone else mentioned, most of the models that i've worked on were from the "early" days of Legacy. One pair was hand assembled by Bill Duddleston himself. Quite honestly, that was the set that we had the most problems with. Believe it or not, it is your option. I have NO interest in promoting or belittling any company or individual as i have NOTHING to gain by doing so. I'm simply reporting what i've seen and experiencing first hand.

Quite obviously, Legacy has stepped up the quality of parts and construction. I know that the older models used "pretty" plastic vent covers that acted as guards. These had criss-crossed plastic bars that slid into the tube of the port. This gave a more professional appearance than just a cardboard tube stuffed into a hole in the box. As it was though, these were not sized properly and caused great turbulence in the port when "gettin' it". Better performance could be had by simply slipping these out of the port.

As to the Kimber that is in your Convergence, that kind of makes sense to me. I had bought some biwired Kimber ( 8TC / 4TC ) from a gentleman here on Audiogon. He said that he purchased this along with a set of speakers from Legacy. While i was kind of puzzled by this statement, all the pieces are now falling into place.

The "clip on" connectors that i was referring to were not internal, but external. These were hand crimped spade connectors on factory assembled jumpers for biwiring / biamping. Upon loosening the binding posts and removing the jumpers, the spades literally fell off the wire and onto the floor. The person had been using the speakers like that for several years. Needless to say, i was both appalled and amused. When i asked them who had assembled the jumpers ( thinking that the owner did ), they told me "Bill Duddleston". This person KNOWS for a FACT that Duddleston put them together, as he had to wait for Bill to finish putting the speakers together. He went down to pick them up and they were not done yet. Given the findings that we had with that set of speakers, it was quite obvious that they were slapped together and sent out the door. There was not one IOTA of "quality control" that went into that set, even though the cabinets and quality of drivers is quite good. Hopefully, this is NOT occuring today. To show you how long ago this specific incident occured, they were still called Reel to Real Audio and were also using the Legacy name at the same time. Sean
>