Warm-up time.

It takes about an hour of loud playing for my system to come to life, whether it's digital or analog.
i was wondering if it's the amp or the preamp that needs the warm-up, or both.
i have a vintage modified CJ preamp, and modified NuForce Class D mono blocks.
128x128rvpiano
Perhaps being on your second or third drink is making that "warm up" sound so sweet!
My rig is always on, except for my tubed phone stage and I still need music to run through it to get it going.
Both, solid and hallow state equipment are powered up 24/7 and usually becomes puresex after 60-90 minutes of playing music.
Even staying on contiuously I find my system still appreciates about 40-60 minutes playing before it really starts to gel. 2-3 hrs later it's magnificent... All tube: mono bloc amps, pre, and dac.
Everything needs a warm up: Speaker surrounds, phono cartridges, amps, preamps. Every dang thing! Enter your text ...

The warm-up time of speakers (apart from the run-in time) is rarely mentioned, so nice to see it noticed here. I would say it’s equally important, perhaps even more so than warning up electronics. Prior to any serious listening session (and when the surroundings permit) I often start by turning up the volume significantly beyond my typical reference volume level with some "highly energized" music, and then leave the room for a while to let it "settle in" (half an hour is more than enough). This little treatment can be done, and is necessary I find from the very get-go of turning on the stereo or later on in the process to really have the sound "snap in" and become slightly more present/fuller and alive. Maintaining the lower reference volume level from the beginning seems not to do the same over time, so it’s not really about speeding up a warm-up process rather than having the speakers cross a threshold of sorts with higher levels, that frees the sound increments further. I’ve noticed the same effect with different speakers, so I would assume it to have general importance.