Vinyl recordings - best methods

Hi there
I would like to draw your attention here:
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/audiophile-recording-and-playback-tascam-da-3000/post?highlig...
Maybe, now, there are even better recorders, out there.
Yet a big part of the picture is, do the best with what you have.
We need more discussion with updates on how to do the best recordings.
Oystein

o_holter

Norman,

Part of my goal is to put it all into the NAS jukebox and to eventually downsize my vinyl footprint-- but only if digitally recorded vinyl equals hi-res PCM and DSD64 ripped SACDs. The modified Tascam does that.

In my system (see my profile) and to my ears vinyl sounds better than Wadia on SACDs but thanks for the tip! I will try Tascam, $1k . Question: did you manage to make it work with Windows (or Mac)? Or is it still SD cards? 
It still uses SD cards.  I read those into a Windows 10 laptop that hosts Tascam Hi-Res editing software, and from there wirelessly to a NAS.
I have an old Nakamichi cassette deck. It doesn’t come close to touching a DSD128 recording.
Just curious- which deck and when was the last time it was serviced?

I used to maintain a pair of Nak decks for making cassettes for my truck; haven't done that in years and still have the decks knocking about. Both need a serious amount of service (essentially all new rubber parts and some new parts sprinkled through the electronics) in order to come close to their original spec.
It’s a BX-300 that I bought in the late ’80s to make tapes for a custom Alpine and Boston Acoustics system that I put into a Lotus Turbo. It broke once in the mid 90s (the cassette deck that is; the Lotus broke many times) and was repaired and last serviced then with a Factory update to the motor and capstan IIRC.