When and what was your last significant equipment upgrade?

I will start- December 2015, a DAC (Bricasti M1)

As I've said in the past, I truly believe I am done in terms of buying gear, but more recently I finally merged my laptop with my DAC to explore hi-rez audio, which I am enjoying a great deal
128x128zavato
Replaced Radio Shack Pro 35 Titanium headphones for portable Walkman cassette player with Grado SR 80 headphones.
Jond.  Well, that wasn't my speaker you heard since mine were not finished until after your visit.  However, mine are probably pretty similar to what you heard at Vu's store.  They use a YL Acoustic (Yoshimura Labs) horn and compression driver from Japan, and Vu probably had a set of those in the store when you visited.  Mine look very similar to the big Western Electric open baffle speakers that were in the same room.  Pictures of mine are on my AudioGon system page. 
salectric I actually looked at your system page after I posted that and they are indeed different yours are a much lighter shade of wood, cherry perhaps. The speakers I saw were dark brown maybe even black and with different grills. I am sure your speakers sound amazing I've yet to hear one of Vu's creations that doesn't. Sadly my room is far to small for horn speakers but looking forward to my AN/Jlx's arriving very much! Cheers and happy listening!