Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
Martyfriedman, whitestix, astewart8944, dlcockrum, bdp and other new or returning contributors: looking forward to more posts from you guys (ladies?). Welcome, nice to see new blood!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMPdRgYLDDw

Gotta love YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CrvWtdBOQW8

And, of course:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vIr1_haTZwg

Schubert, that thing you have in your hand when using a computer is called a "Mouse".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_mouse

First "left" click on "You tube".

After "you tube" pops up, type in the heading what you want to hear: Ralph Vaughn-Williams "The Lark Ascending"

Once you have typed in the heading what you want to hear, "left" click on that circle at the end of the you tube heading.

After you have done this, you will be given options of which "Vaughn Williams" you want to hear.

"Left" click on that selection, and it will begin to play.

While it's playing, go to the heading, and hold the left clicker down, while moving the "mouse" across the page over the heading until it's "Blue". (both actions at the same time) hold left clicker down while moving the "mouse" across the page until it turns "Blue".

Now go all the way to the top right of the page where you will click on (customize google) it's a drop down box that will have options in it, "Left" click on "copy".

After you have done all that, you can "paste" it onto your response box in  " Audiogon"

This is done by left clicking onto the response box. When you see the line in the left corner flashing, that means you can "paste" your "you tube" entry into the response box.

Now we use the "right" clicker on your mouse to do this. Click on "right" (while the line is flashing in the "response" box, and a selection box will drop down. Out of all the options you select "Paste".

Once you select "Paste", like magic, your click on from "you tube" will appear in the response box, and we can all hear Ralph Vaughn-Williams "The Lark Ascending" .

After you get used to doing this, you can do it in less than a minute; get busy.

Herr O-10 ,
I got as far as " turned blue" only to find my Google ain’t customized and since I don’t know how to do that either ,its not likely to be . I have no real
contributions to make to jazz "pastes" in any event .

If you REALLY want to hear classical as beautiful as it gets, go to You Tube
and select the version by the great Scottish violinist Nicola Benedetti, the Decca Classical Version,who not only has this music in her bones , but is about as beautiful as women get. She only plays the first half on this version but she does it to such perfection IMO its the place to start . Full versions of 15-18 minutes are on Tube as well but none in her class .

To boot she plays one of the best violins in the world and the production of this Decca selection is beautiful beyond belief, so beautiful that words truly fail me, never seen anything like it !

What's new?
How is the world treating you?
You haven't changed a bit
Lovely as ever, I must admit

What's new?
How did that romance come through?
We haven't met since then
Gee, but it's nice to see you again

What's new?
Probably I'm boring you
But seeing you is grand
And you were sweet to offer your hand

I understand. Adieu!
Pardon my asking what's new
Of course you couldn't know
I haven't changed, I still love you so

Most standards are a short story in and of themselves; if you've lived the city life, they're a page out of your very own diary.

Picture this; while strolling past your favorite lounge, you decide to go in and have a couple. Your eyes are still adjusting to the dim light, but in the middle of the bar, you see the love of your life that you haven't seen for a year, and the song goes on from there;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ct6PJ8ZUd8

Enjoy the music.

Schubert, your problem is, You got "Quit-itis"

"Google" has what's called a "Drop-down-box" as far to the right and as high as you can go; when you have your marker over that box, "customize google chrome" will appear click on it and see what happens?