Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Martin Logan CLS

I have mine since the CLS IIa (about 8 years ago) and upgrade to CLS IIz. I don't know that is qualify to your original question. If so, I will explain why.

I like the CLS becasue it will tell you whatever you put in front of it. It use a SINGLE driver. A real full range single driver. Not like those high db 6" little drive that need a hugh box to make any sound. The CLS has NO cabinet. The driver make all the sound. It simply recreate an image that I cannot remember from any other speaker. However, this happen ONLY when you have the correct front end.

For those who think ML bright and thin. You just didn't have a chance to hear ML with a good front end.
I have a set of M15's and am getting a set of M50's!I would not want to sell them unless I get into trouble replaceing Driver's!
Nothing I can buy less than $4000 would be comparable to them in my mind.

I also have a set of Maggies and the NEAR's are more transparent believe it or not and they do the dissapearing thing better!

Pure musical heaven!

Good luck trying to find your ultimate speaker's!I know I have mine!
I've owned a pair of Magnepan MG-IIB's since the early 80's (can't remember exactly...old age I guess)Listened to them today and will never part with them unless I buy new ones.May not have the bass response that most like but I find them very pleasing to listen to at any volume and with any type of music. Movies I feel are even better as I have even gotten out of my favorite chair to answer the phone and the front door at different occasions only to find out the sounds were coming from the Maggies'.Very open and spacious with..well..let's just say real.
I just picked up a used pair of Coincident Conquests and love them. They are a great match with tube gear.
As the second subscriber states on this list, the Von Schweikert VR7's, which can now be had in the HSE (Hovland Special Edition), upgrade model.
Below this, I would say their VR5 HSE, or their new DB100 true 100dB speaker system especially designed for people into tubes. Reviews will be out soon on the DB100 matched with 300b tube gear I hear.