Why do McIntosh come with cheap plastic remotes?

Any comments as to why Macs come with el-chepo remotes?
Somehow this just doesn't fit with the notion of elegant and robust gear.
sonicbeauty
I'm on the fence on this one.
Part of me says quality gear should come with a quality remote.
But the other part appreciates the option to save the money, especially if one is planning to use a universal remote.
My Modwright came with a cheap and cheesy remote. The metal one was a $200 option that I passed on.
They bumped the price up $500 last summer but it now comes with the metal remote standard.
01-03-15: The_rang
I'm on the fence on this one.
Part of me says quality gear should come with a quality remote.
But the other part appreciates the option to save the money, especially if one is planning to use a universal remote.
My Modwright came with a cheap and cheesy remote. The metal one was a $200 option that I passed on.
They bumped the price up $500 last summer but it now comes with the metal remote standard.
I'm sure McIntosh will bump up $500 for a quality remote if there's demand. Nothing is free and someone has to pay for it.
I have a C2500 purchased as NOS factory sealed box in January of this year. The remote does not look like the one in Users Manual and it appears to have been upgraded during the production cycle.  The ID number is HRO85 and it's of the same high quality as my Esoteric gear. 

I agree that many "High End" products come with cheapo plastic remotes, who cares? Given the choice between plastic and one hewn from a meteorite at $2000 cost, I know which one I'd choose.

It's about the music folks and how does the construction material of the remote effect that?