Lifters ForGetting Cables Off The Floor, Worth It Or Snake Oil

•  I'm looking at some porcelain cable lifters to get some power and speaker cable up off the floor.  Does raising the cables off the floor really make a difference? It's going to be about 200 bucks for 10 of them. Thanks.  
zar
Snake Oil.

No known mechanism by which it could change SQ, AND no reliable listening tests in its favor.

Buy some quality monoblocks and use short cables to the speakers.

or... Buy better speakers, room treatments, or source material or ...
Yes.

For several years I have lifted all cabling a 6-9 inches off of carpet/rugs.  I used wood scraps/paint to make decent looking lifters. I never tried the porcelain or other esoteric lifters.
A combined issue of capacitance and motor noise.

The numbers are very tiny but they add to the signal.

The ear only hears the modulation of the peak values of transients so it does not care that the numbers are vanishingly small as compared to the whole,...it hears them anyway. The ear only hears the fine difference in the peak value(s), over time, in relation to one another, so the tiny modulations are heard. Discerned.

The ear only hears transient function peak values on the positive side, it misses the other 90% of the given signal.

And it can deal with hundreds of different frequencies of transients all mixed together, all at the same time, in real time.

The world’s most intricate and complicated FFT analysis system, one that science cannot equal, nor understand.

There is no electrical measuring or computational equivalent. It’s not even close.

All connected into a computational device with an average of 86 billion neurons, connected into up to 11 different dimensions of millions of said dimensional structures.

"You can’t hear that, my engineering degree and my measurements says you can’t!"...that behavior is, politely, illiterate, at best.

Connectedly:

"The Human Brain Can Create Structures in Up to 11 Dimensions"

Neuroscientists have used a classic branch of maths in a totally new way to peer into the structure of our brains. What they’ve discovered is that the brain is full of multi-dimensional geometrical structures operating in as many as 11 dimensions.

We’re used to thinking of the world from a 3-D perspective, so this may sound a bit tricky, but the results of this new study could be the next major step in understanding the fabric of the human brain - the most complex structure we know of.

This latest brain model was produced by a team of researchers from the Blue Brain Project, a Swiss research initiative devoted to building a supercomputer-powered reconstruction of the human brain.

The team used algebraic topology, a branch of mathematics used to describe the properties of objects and spaces regardless of how they change shape. They found that groups of neurons connect into ’cliques’, and that the number of neurons in a clique would lead to its size as a high-dimensional geometric object.

And then it just gets more complicated from there on out.

Read that again: "the most complex structure we know of". And monkeys using them have various levels of self awareness, skills and projections. Various levels of interconnectedness in those structural potentials.

And thankfully we are individuals, and we each have various levels of skill. Machines, on the other hand.. are the same, and are as product and commodity. Humans are individuals and different. A good thing. Try not to be product or commodity. Think. Grow, investigate. Negative proofing is dogmatic science - and is a ship of fools.

I don’t mind people possessing ignorance, as ignorance itself, conceptually, is innocent, but when that ignorance tilts at something it does not understand, and it involves my life, and continues a push in the face of refusing data and refusing realities....---I may just start pushing back.

So, in effect, cable risers work, all that other esoterica is relevant and much of it works as advertised--to those with the neural connectedness... to 'get it'.

You have an explanation, as a doorway of investigation, no one owes you ~even an inch~ - more than that. It is valid in the world of science if you venture down that rabbit hole that requires a certain minimum of intellect applied, and.... have a nice day.