LTA - MZ2 Driving solid state amps.

Hello All,

I want to get a new pre and I have narrowed it down to the LTA  MZ2 and ps audio bhk, with the mz2'being the one I probably will try.Both of these have built in headphone amps which I would occasionally like.

I would like any feedback on both preamps related to the pairing with solid state amps of any kind.

Kenny.
kdude66
Hello all,

Finally a MZ2 has arrived in my system,I'm using the tubes that were shipped with it for now,RCA 12sn7 and Ge 6201's.

This is most definitely going to be a game changer for me,I really don't want to turn it off and change tubes,maybe tomorrow.

I'm using the speaker outputs to pwr my 95db Tekton DI's.
Kdude66,
                I completely understand.  I hated to give up the demo I was using prior to getting my MZ2.  Wait until you put in NOS tubes! Remember that the power cord also makes a big difference!
Bob
Baranyi,

Mine came with average nos tubes,but I definitely will be changing them in the next day or 2.

I'm using a spare audience pwr cable for now I didn't even try the stock cord at all.

The MZ2 and the LPS really do have some first class workmanship on the inside,you can tell that both units are well thought out and implemented and of course great sound.