Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Hang in there -oblgny

I know that you will find the right combo (separates vs. integrated) again!
These are the factors that makes our hobby so much fun.  Happy Listening!
oblgny you are exactly right, once you live with the tonality and transparency of the Thiel sound other speakers just will not satisfy.  I have ventured off campus more than once and the 3.6 always end up back in the system as they are now.

All speakers have tradeoffs, the slight leaness inherent in Thiels is easily overlooked considering everything else they do.....for me anyway.

Anyone heard of this;

A pair of Thiel speakers with model printed as 03A on connector board, but a sticker was placed over it that said 04. The sticker also had the serial number.

Only reason I know 03a was underneath is because one sticker fell off .

They look like this .

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649006134-thiel_model_04/

Note the gold trim bar that runs across the face at the bottom of the baffle board.

When I got them, the passive radiator surround was crumbled. That's when I discovered it was a passive . Replaced the surround.

So these pair have two active elements and a passive.

Is the passive element correct for these.

When replacing the surrounds there was no wiring connection on the passive or wires loose in the cavity.