Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
The Summits sounded good at RMAF. I heard the Denalis in Denver Sunday night after RMAF was over. Impressive dynamics. They're $65k, not $40k.
All Rogers speakers:

I have Studio 1a, Studio 1, LS7s

Each a bargain with amazing sound for what it is..
If you can afford it, I suggest you audition ATC 50's or higher. ATC's are typically used in studios where engineers spend long hours criticaly listening to music...many musicians/artists such as Tom Petty and classical composers such as Hans Zimmer buy ATC too....as well as Holywood film sound track studios. These are all people with demanding tastes, who can afford most anything out there, and who listen to an awful lot of music a lot of the time.

They are not cheap: A significant investment for a studio, concert hall (Disney for example) or an individual, and an investment that buyers do not expect to have to change for many many years.

ATC rarely, if ever, advertise in audio magazines and rely entirely on word of mouth in professional circles for sales. Studios tend to buy mostly new gear and since ATC is not a household name to consumers, there is not a huge resale market. None of this is a problem if, like most ATC users, you intend to hang on to them for life.
I have a pair of Audio Physic Sparks that I've now had since 98.They sounded good when I last played them.They have been boxed since 99.They were so expensive that I didn't want to keep playing them, fearing that I may get used to the sound and that I would have to upgrade and the upgrade would cost more than my $2,500 spent for the sparks.
I had a friend ( passed on) that would always help me bye my gear, he some how always got great deals. On my Kef refference fours on my veloydne sub and my theater grand I never paid anything close to retail price. Should i just be thankfull for the luck ive had and now pay retail or is there some thing i can do to learn his secrets. Im looking for the Martin loagn vantage