Do female audiophiles exist

I've hear of UFO's , and Bigfoot, but never seen one!

I've never heard of an audiophile from the opposite sex, and never seen one either.

128x128crazyeddy
My wife surprised me a couple weeks back. I was doing a 30-day in home audition of a new amplifier. I figured it best to keep her involved for WAF so I did a blind A/B test with her. I played selections from my standard CD Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here,"  then I played the same from the newer remastered Experience Edition. I asked her which do you like better and she chose the remaster every time no matter how I changed the play order. Then I played Rush Moving pictures FLAC 44.1/16 and compared it to FLAC 96/24 and she chose the 96/24 file (I'm still not sure if the 96/24 sounded better due the oversampling or being remastered but, that is for another thread later). Anyhow there we have it, a recently discovered female audiophile.
Two times now I have been without a preamp and was forced to go direct via the variable output on different CDPs.  Both times my wife has said it sounds like s**t.   I don't know if it qualifies her but she can hear the difference. 
I am loving this thread! And to Papermill..I am happy for you and enjoyed this Axpona show story of yours. I try to encourage women and thank them for coming to audio shows as often as possible. I encourage them to learn more about this fantastic hobby and also give them some education about how I record my music with the best known engineers in the audio world, Al Schmitt and Bernie Grundman and the women often like the stories behind the music I share and learning how the systems respond to music created by these wonderful engineers. Women have great "ears" and I hope more take an interest in this hobby.
My ex was an audiophile although I don’t think she continued after we separated. She was one that would listen to a song 5-10 times to dial in VTA/azimuth with me and comment on the results with surprising details and accuracy. She expressed interest in learning/doing the adjustments herself and got quite good at it. Also preferred tubes over SS.

The wife of one of my audiophile friends is a raving audiophile right along with us. She is well versed in all things audio and has a huge say in what tweaks and/or new components make the grade or are rejected. She attends all the trade shows with us as did my ex and both thoroughly enjoy(ed) them. 
There are a few, but few others will take up something that will cut into(destroy?) their fashion , shoe and  jewels budget . Not to mention the new furniture .