The Slow Secret Death of the Guitar

A really fascinating piece on the current state of the guitar industry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/the-slow-secret-death-of-the-electric-guitar/...
128x128jond
Anyone want to buy my Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster guitars?  Happy Playing!

chayro is right!
But not just The Chainsmokers. Anything in the so-called top 10 or 20 is garbage and pretty much all sounds the same! The crap that passes for music nowadays amazes me!( no Talent or emotion involved)
There is still great music out there, you just have to search for it.😉
arcam88, absolutely.  There's still some good stick licks going on, but they tend to be one or two on an album.  The rest, contract filler...

But I'm pretty picky.  If it don't make something smile within, or rustle some leaves on this wilted tree, I'm out. ;)
Hey everyone, rock guitar is not dead!!  Meet Juliette Valduriez from Paris France.  The following is a clip of an original composition of hers.  She also just released a full length album of all original material in which she plays all instruments and sings lead vocals in both French and English!  Her vocal style reminds me of Francois Hardy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vv066NyKq9k
Nice clip, sparky. At the very least she’s got some melodic content and feeling. Without doubt she’s got the technical skills too.  Not just another soulless shredder. I’d be interested knowing what her listening habits and tastes are. I’m not ripping her at all but the problem for me after 50+ years of being an avid music listener is that I heard those licks somewhere else and probably many times before. Maybe not her exact composition but something much like it. On the other hand, for younger listeners only in their teens or twenties, it she’s bringing something new, fresh and great...that’s a good thing. Glad someone like Juliette is out there carrying the flag. There are others too, no doubt.

I, personally, am not distraught about the "imminent demise" of the music industry. I stopped listening to mainstream commercial radio (e.g., top 40 and Clasic Rock) a long time ago. You can only listen to "Stairway To Heaven" so many times before going stark raving mad. Not real worried if the collector market for vintage guitars collapses or if vinyl loses its "cool". Turn off, tune out and drop in. Plenty of great new music around but like arcam88 says, you have to search for it. Fortunately, things like Spotify and Tidal with their tailored "recommendations" lists make this easy and fun to do. Of course, one of the best things about A’gon is the music that gets shared....case in point, your link.

Thanks again for posting it.