Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp

Hi Glory, which Antipodes model are you referring to... And what do you not like about it?

Guido,
I believe he's referring to the fact that Matt has his Antipodes DX for sale.

Thank you Richard... Matt, if Antipodes DX2 is officially "Off the island", please do post your final comparative findings vs Aurender N10.... Audiophrenic minds crave to know!!!!

Saluti, G.

I tend to agree with the Moonhead reviewer that most of these HE Dac / Servers are like breaking the Olympic record by 100th of a second. 

A Secretariat win there is not!! 

$10K on up will get you into a great sounding Dac but there are $30/40K dacs that are better? Oh and the $50/75K dacs will bring you into glory!! So when you find the "best" Dac a short time passes and the urge to look again for the top Dac starts all over. 

I have the Antipodes Dx gen 32 plus 6 and it is the ...... no it a loser 😧