Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I have a pair of Altec Model 19s. While they will not win anyone's contest for sweetest treble, they are pretty special. I just spent a couple of weeks listening to them. Wonderful with tubes and analog.
Found a demo pair of Revel Studio's for 6K
Currently driving with Pass Aleph 2's Rega P5 & Benz L2
using Jolida JD9 phono stage with Underwood LVL2 mod.
Excellent in 20' x 18' room. Placed about 3/4 way into room 8 feet apart, slight toe in. Bass is good with vinyl, insane with well recorded CD. Bottom line, 200 WPC and good supportng electronics will make you fall in love too.

I want to bi-amp but do not know how to defeat the Studios crossover network. Not sure I want to.
LS3/5As were what i WISH i had kept. i couldnt afford to keep them then. also, the DQ10s modified by randall research that i sold for a friend driven by a hafler 500.

dQ10s with bass because of the amp. oh well, i guess i will limp by with my current system\:

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/588.html

The four best speakers I have ever owned were the Joseph Audio Pearls, the Magnepan MG20.1, The Avalon Eidolons and the Sonus Faber Guarneri Mementos. All were definitely "keepers"

See my list of speakers in the personal speaker evolution thread:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1017943672&openflup&527&4#527

I sold the Joseph Pearls and have regretted that fact since the day I shipped them out.

I also sold the Magnepans and while they were wonderful they do make a real visual barrier in your room - no real support from my wife on these.

I kept the Avalon Eidolons and Sonus Faber Guarneri Mementos and may well hang on to them for life.