Bass traps? (to solve a suck out)

I have a terrible suck out at 61Hz. What should I do to address, I cannot move my subwoofer or room.
gchuva
Are your speakers running full range? If not then try them full range and move them another foot out from the wall. If your subwoofer is in a corner then you really need to reconsider moving it out into the room for a more even response.
61 Hz; that's specific.

Before getting into room accoustics, experiment with the positioning and integration between the sub and the speakers. Sounds like a phase issue to me.

Of course, it could be just the microphone or SPL meter you used. They are notoriously inaccurate at lower frequencies. Even the testing labs don't certify below 100Hz.

After playing around with positioning and settings and you still have the same issues, come back and discuss bass traps. A null at that frequency would indicate a fairly large room volume and, probably, an unusual ceiling.
I have a big suck out from 46hz to 60hz which at max xuck out is -15db with a correct meter calibration and measurement software that I just verified last night.
When I move the SPL around even a foot or two it changes everything but the suck out cant be cured to any huge degree so I am curious as to possible solutions.
I think if nothing else I will install my Behringer and use it to give me a 6db gain at 50hz as this is closest frequncy I can manipulate and 6db should be ok for my amp, I bi-amp so I wont add any sonic signature of real consiquence with this limited to only the bass amp.
I strongly advise folks to measure room even if they may not like what they see, use REW (Room Eq Wizzard) software which is free at Hometheatershack.com along with your SPL meter which is calibrated and compensated for within this program. It is my strong belief that most have serious issues with the room they dont even know exist and they only logical resistance to taking advantage of this program is related directly to the fragile ego of many Audiophiles.....finding out the Emperor has no clothes isnt fun but is needed to get to the performance we all strive for.
When I move the SPL around even a foot or two it changes everything but the suck out cant be cured to any huge degree so I am curious as to possible solutions

This kind of result is quite normal - you may not even realize that you were getting "one note bass" for years. If you get it right then the bass riffs anchoring much music will take on a whole new world - a balanced sound where each note is audible. The problem is your room.

finding out the Emperor has no clothes isnt fun but is needed to get to the performance we all strive for.

Yes and perhaps it would change some peoples attitude towards the gear merry-go-round if they realized what a major effect the room plays.

The only real solution is to have way too much bass..so add another sub....then you can cut the peaks down to get a flatter response. Going from -15 db trough to -6 db will make all the difference...don't try to get flat and avoid boosting unless you have extremely powerful amps and huge woofers....most systems would distort terribly at modest levels with a 15 db boost in the hard to drive bass.

Bass traps help suckouts but you need a lot of big traps to have significant impact - nevertheless every trap will help provided it is large and at least 4 inches thick and placed in a corner.
No one note bass at one point I am down about 13db so its there just not flat but not ideal for sure, and I never said to myself it doesnt sound right but the seating and speaker positiion are both new so maybe I could trim that a bit but I know not completely. With one note bass wouldnt that would be more of an issue with peaks masking things right? I know its my room but have only been here in new house for a few months so I knew before I even did the test that it was highly impossible that things would be perfect, its a double edged sword to know of the issues, one hand being it ofcourse it stinks to see you have more work to do then you planned but its great to atleast know the issue and have the ability to try to change things. Tomorrow I am going to get back to measuring and will have help to move things around so I hope to trim that enough that I can insert Behringer into my bass amp and electronically raise the dip. Having a bi-amp system is perfect for this.