Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
mazikrav,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your brilliance speakers,they are a interesting design for sure.

I used to own the F3,very nice amp but is a little light on bass and dynamics overall.You might want to look into the F7.

I don't recall your room size and how close you are to your speakers.
I presently own the F7 and a Diy sit2 that is class a push pull that uses 2 pair of Nos Sony Vfet's a side making 40 watts into 4 ohm.Quite a unique amp.

The J2 is also a very good amp as well,great clarity and focus but can be a touch light in bass system dependent Offcourse.

Best of luck to you,
Kenny.
Kenny, can you point me to a link on building your DIY amps? I am interested in a project like this. Your version of the f7 really is interesting to me. Thanks!
Jeffery,

you might want to try spikes or feet with your speakers. I don't know about the Ulfberhts but it definitely improves the sound of the DI's and other Tekton speakers. Without something filling those threaded holes bass escapes from them making them slightly boomy. I learned that by leaving the spikes out in order to position the speakers easier until I found the best location for them. When I told Eric I was doing that he said not to as I wouldn't get the proper bass response without the spikes and therefore wouldn't be able to position them properly. Screwed the spikes in and the bass was much better.....so as good as your Ulfberhts sound now they just might sound even better with those threaded holes filled. 
Mazikrav, the First Watt F3, F7, F1J, and F2J all have input impedances of only 10K, which seems kind of low for use in conjunction with a resistor-based passive preamp such as your Placette. Although the potential downside of that will depend in part on the output impedance characteristics of your source components, which I suspect are favorable in the case of your solid state Oppo, and probably also in the case of your Sound-Smith phono stage.

But if you are considering going to a different amp, and envision staying with the Placette, it would be prudent to choose an amp having a much higher input impedance, e.g. 47K or more.

Also, fyi, if your Sound-Smith "The Voice" cartridge is the model having a rated output of 2.12 mv, and if you are using one of Sound-Smith’s 43 db phono stages, you don’t have enough overall gain when using that source with the Placette to be able to drive the F3 (or the F7, or many other amps) to their maximum power capability, at least on the vast majority of recordings.

Just some points to be aware of as you decide how to proceed. Good luck. Regards,
-- Al

Thank you, Kenny, for your most helpful response:

I'm listening to my Brilliance speaker at the mid-point of a ten foot equilateral triangle. The listening room is open at the back and runs the full length of the house with a dining area and a kitchen behind my wife and my listening chairs.  As I hear them now, these speakers must not be toe in directly at my listening area, but somewhere behind where I hear them for best results.  I love the clarity of this arrangement  and hear a great improvement with the F-3's over the J-2's The only limitation is when I listen to very high volume material at levels over a typical concert hall experience.  I expect that the only way to get greater clarity at high volume would be to go to amps that are much higher power than the 10 watts  class A per channel that my F-3's crank out. I don't anticipate that the added increase in quality at high volume would be worth the added price, but I keep watching Audiogon, Reno Hi-Fi, or other sites offer in used, reconditioned  Pass Lab amps. I'm open to all of you for suggestions or reflections.