Bass traps? (to solve a suck out)

I have a terrible suck out at 61Hz. What should I do to address, I cannot move my subwoofer or room.
gchuva
after i treated my room with bass traps, the nulls were not measurably better.

Good point - I hope nobody goes away with the impression that bass traps can cure suckouts. I agre that it takes a significant amount of broadband bass trapping to make even a small difference. Tube traps (resonators) can do nore at specific frequencies but you really need to know what your doing - in this case best get an expert IMHO (I wouldn't dare play with tube traps given my limited knowledge and amount of time/effort I expect it would entail. Sticking large thick broadband absorbers in the room corners is a simple easy fix but designing tuned tube traps is a whole other matter...)
It is a while since I visited Realtraps website. There is a wealth of information here. I think Ethan does great service to audiophiles everywhere whether you buy his Realtraps or another acoustic company's products. I got GIK Tri-traps becuase I decided that the biggest thickest "superchunk" equivalents was what I needed most (of course I should have done much more if I wanted anytthing more than a very modest improvement but aesthetics will ultimately limit us all). Nevertheless, my choice to go with GIK did not stop me learning an awful lot from the material that Ethan has shared... you have to respect that!
i agree, i have some of his products now and i have spoken to him on a couple of different occasions. he is a nice guy and filled with loads of helpful information.
Do a search on A-gon for "superchunks"

If you're into DIY they do as much or most likely more (due to thickness) than any bass trap on the market
Now I'm really confused, not that that is an usual state of affairs. Can bass traps solve frequency response suckouts, or not? I maintain they can't. For those who maintain that bass traps are the solution, please estimate how large a trap would be necessary to deal with the 61Hz problem in the original question.