Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Oh, your are going to light fires, especially with that avatar ;)

Re: directional fuses, I recall Ralph at Atma-Sphere mentioning something, but I forgot the details. Though I think he said there was something to it. (If I am wrong Ralph, sorry).
B
Im using all Synergistic Black Quantum fuses they sound wonderful why would you want to use a 50 cent fuse on a 10k component not me.Imnot going to waste time trying them in different directions as they sound wonderful the way i have them in now.Using them on my preamp,phono stage,cd player etc.Good luck though.
@zavato
I can’t answer your questions. But I hope you get to hear the Black Fuses in your transport one day. I would love to hear your feedback. It really has made digital so much better...not a subtle improvement.
I was always of the mind that a better made fuse would perform better. My own ears proved it. What I didn't have was my feet planted on the side of the argument that they are directional. That was almost two years ago.

Fast forward to just last week, I've been considering getting new speakers because the highs were never as good as what I had before. Just for sh*ts & grins I opened up my SACD player and changed fuse directions on all four fuses (some were in the signal path) and lo! 😃

Everything improved. I'm keeping my speakers for the foreseeable future. Yes, fuses are directional. Maybe not in the AC path but definitely in the signal path. Others might have been lucky enough to have put them in right the first time as it's a 50/50 shot. I wasn't.

Now I'm thinking about those SR Black fuses. Damn.

All the best,
Nonoise

gdnrbob
Oh, your are going to light fires, especially with that avatar ;)

Re: directional fuses, I recall Ralph at Atma-Sphere mentioning something, but I forgot the details. Though I think he said there was something to it. (If I am wrong Ralph, sorry).
B

I don’t want to put words in Ralph’s mouth, either, but I’m pretty sure he’s not really on board the whole fuse directionality train. His argument is (and I suppose he could possibly be accused of fence sitting on fuse directionality) that when someone flips the fuse it somehow magically gets a better grip in the fuse holder. Cough, cough  As I recall the other fence sitter Almarg agrees with Ralph in this regard.