Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Holy crap, I just realized this thread started back in the Middle Ages. The guy who started it may be dead by now. Hope somebody can benefit from my comments about going from ProAc to Verity.
Apogee Duetta Signatures...I have owned since I purchased them brand new in 1991 for $4,000. There is no reason for me to own anything else.
Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand. I hope to have a long life. So, if not for life then at least for the next 5 to 10 years I will keep these.
I would have to list 3 speakers from a single manufacture, Vandersteen. The Quatro Wood, Model 5a Carbon, and Model 7. All these speakers are repairable by the manufacture for probably longer then anyone will own them as well as are upgradeable so they won't become obsolete.

These speakers are natural, neutral, and very live. Personally I have not heard a better speaker then the Model 7 for any amount of money that is as Live, Accurate, Disappearing IE as close to a Live performance as I have ever heard.