Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Are any of these aftermarket fuses UL listed?
Isoclean fuses, which are only made in slow blow versions, are indicated as having UL and other such approvals. Not sure if there are any other UL listed audiophile-oriented fuses.

Regards,
-- Al

charlesdad1
My experience with the SR Black fuses is similar to those of nonoise with his fuses. I listened to the fuses placed in one direction and then reversed this direction. Without fail there’s an undeniable change in the sound, not necessarily good vs bad, but "different ". One direction was very clear and "locked in ", the other had an "out of phase" character to it.

I don’t think there’s any need to pussy foot around here. Obviously - by YOUR own words - one direction IS better than the other. Sonically. It’s NOT as you say, "just different."

With regard to fuse direction I believe the 50% ... 50% ... 98% rule applies ... simply stated when ever an audiophile has a 50 / 50 chance of installing a fuse in the correct orientation ... 98% of the time he will select the wrong direction .. how else can you explain that anytime an audiophile installs a fuse and then reverses it ... there is always an improvement 

I also think the test is flawed ... has anyone ever reversed the fuse an heard an improvement only to back test it by reversing the fuse again to see if the improvement is lost .. you know a simple ABA test ... never seen anyone post about that

Funny thing, in Audiophile circles if you can hear things others cannot, you are revered...In society you are sent for treatment.Enter your text ...

"Funny thing, in Audiophile circles if you can hear things others cannot, you are revered...In society you are sent for treatment.Enter your text ..."

pretty funny