Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Labels are very important.
Proper label -- proper dough. More labels -- more dough.

Feel yer pepil dumb, unaware and unsavvy from gettin’ fake and keep on labeling so dis dummies keep buyin yer labels. You can do that with bag of rocks like @geoffkait does -- just have the right label.

Selling fake very often more profitable than selling drugs or guns, so buying bunch of nice lookin’ fuses from major electrical/electronic distributor dosen per buck with proper labeling equipment will fill up your bank super GOOD coz you can sell’m $25...75 each or so... Where else you can find profit to make from $1 12x$25...$75??

When I think about simple math equations, I kill all the science behind with just simple numbers.
I guess It's time to go dhgate or alibaba to see if any of those beauties can be purchased to resell!

Please note that LABELS for me not only trade mark, It’s also all applied publishing including reviews and rumors.

@geoffkait I don’t want to put words in Ralph’s mouth, either, but I’m pretty sure he’s not really on board the whole fuse directionality train. His argument is (and I suppose he could possibly be accused of fence sitting on fuse directionality) that when someone flips the fuse it somehow magically gets a better grip in the fuse holder. Cough, cough As I recall the other fence sitter Almarg agrees with Ralph in this regard.
Thanks, Geoff, that was what he said!
bob
The integrity of the electrical path is very important. For example, a properly bedded fuse sounds better than a breaker; but a breaker is capable of breaking more than one line at a time, even if a fault is detected on only one line. This can be vitally important with +/- power supplies.

While I think it is possible that exotic fuses sound different, nothing in physical theory tells me that fuses should have directionality. I doubt that anyone has done a scientific, double blind study of directionality, while controlling all the ways that the human mind can find to deceive itself. Until such time, I am skeptical of the assertion that fuses have directionality.

I will certainly not pay for anything which is unlikely to make a difference according to physical theory, and which has no support in experimental evidence. There are many ways to spend 6 figures and get a demonstrable improvement at every turn. That's my path. YMMV
Hello Terry9,
Deception can of course work in both directions (pun intended). One can convince themselves they hear something that may or may not exist. Conversely one can convince themselves that there can’t possibly be a difference to hear based on any manner of preconceived notions. Science is indeed wonderful but is "still" woeful" in explaining the very complex human hearing mechanism/pathways. What the ear can detect is far ahead and of what man can currently measure and quantify. We’ll get there one day.
Charles
Charles, a hundred years of experimental psychology has evolved very strong paradigms for dealing with experimenter bias, subject bias, and confounding factors. It is easy for those with expertise in engineering or mathematics to dismiss these advances, but that would be a mistake. The experimental tools are there.

These tools can be used to demonstrate heretofore unsuspected effects. Doing so is good for careers. The absence of an effect which can be repeated in the lab is evidence against the existence of that effect. Not proof. Just evidence.

I find Ralph's explanation of the phenomenon to be convincing. And it would be very easy to test. Anyone who wanted to bother only needs to repeat the experiment many times with randomization, and count. I suggest a paradigm known as 'two alternative forced choice'. Elementary statistics would do the rest.

As I said before, there's lots of places to park money in this hobby, lots of places where everyone agrees. That's where I spend money.