Fix or replace Accuphase DC 91 DAC?

One channel coming out of the Accuphase is suddenly badly distorted. With a qualified audio guy, we did everything possible to narrow the problem down to the DAC.

I do love the Accuphase and will probably fix it but before I do, I thought I'd post to hear any opinions on options such as replacing it.

I am using it with a Shindo preamp and CJ Premier 140 amp.

Cost for repair would be $1500 plus shipping.

Thank you in advance
controlit
haha..thanks George!

If I hit the lottery, the Accuphase is yours!

Meanwhile, I have no idea but will start to look for a replacement card, which I doubt I find very easily.

Who fixes this stuff anymore? I'll start a thread!

thanks again!
I have no idea but will start to look for a replacement card, which I doubt I find very easily.
That will be like finding rocking horse s**t!

Who fixes this stuff anymore?
Guys like me, who can't stand to see good stuff stay broken in the cupboard.

Cheers George
"That will be like finding rocking horse s**t!"

lol true of course...

I'll let you know (about lottery!)

I really like a lot of modern DAC's a whole lot, but the BB's in the old Theta Digital gear were among the best.

Same time, several dac's introduced in last 5 years or so are simply outstanding and affordable.

Best,

E

Brand-related inflation marks up pricing according to the brand class.

To me it's nasty, ignorant and disrespectful to the customer cheap trick. Definitely those inflators aren't ones to trust because you might never see your unit back.

Same story happens when you drive in with classy german car to the shop and quick job like replacing that measurable ignition coil will cost you $400/hr labor. Business is GOOD when dummies are around for sure.