How many LP's

Gents;

I'm thinking of taking a jump to a turntable.......& such

I had 700 albums that I " dumped" when cd's arrived.........
Old BIC turntable 
A big "Stupid" move

Good Analog is " the best", to me

Anyway, 

How many albums do you guys have in the " library "?
How many are 45's vs 33's

My thought; as a starter 
REGA P3 

jeff
frozentundra
I peaked a few years ago with around 14,000. Gave a couple thousand to a friend, had a broker sell some (he dealt with the listings and I got 50%), nothing terribly valuable, and when we sold our house, I culled more- so I didn’t have to move crap I wasn’t going to listen to, or 2nd or 3rd or 4th copies of stuff I had better pressings of--I figure 5,000 were transported to Tx. I had some records stashed here, and of course, more comes in -dribs and drabs-
I go record "shopping" in my own stacks I haven’t been through for years. The last several years I’ve been on a hard rock thing- not "classic" rock, but post-psych, pre-prog, proto metal. I’m now dipping back into my classical records (old EMI ASDs, Deccas, Londons), and I have taken an interest in so-called "spiritual jazz" which is a nice change from the usual warhorses.
I’d rather have quality over quantity, but something to be said for tens of thousands of records to browse through if you have the space. Not sure I’d go out today with that goal in mind, my pile was the accumulation of decades.
I find that there are about 100 that I come back to again and again. I could live with that many, but a few thousand is better.

I have about 3,000 LP's.
I have two turntables.
I play about 5 LP's a year.
I no longer buy vinyl, at 64 years of age, I already have more records than I'll ever have time to listen to.  I primarily listen to cd and streaming.

I hear ya Mitch! Reaching a certain age is sobering in a number of ways, the time remaining for listening to music being a major one. So, in preparing for the last relocation of my life, I went through my LPs, of which there were somewhere around 4500-5000. I kept only those I either love or have high expectations of loving (the ones yet unopened and listened to), selling the rest to Rik Frystak, the head of buying at Amoeba Music in L.A. I just set-up my new LP racks (the fantastic IKEA EKET's), filling them with my remaining collection. I don't know how many LP's comprise that (and I'm not about to count them!), but they measure about 416 linear feet. Two thirds Pop, one third Classical.

I did the same with my CD's, getting rid of about maybe 40 per cent of them, whittling my library down to around 5000-6000 (Pop to Classical around 60/40). I do believe CD's actually take up more room than do LP's! My music room's walls will be completely covered with LP's and CD's when done, the corners reserved for ASC Tube Traps.

Good gosh!!!

These are numbers I was not expecting!
14,000,     416 linear feet.........

How do you guys remember what you have?  Catalog?  How is that done?

No Alzheimer's in this group!

I wondered how many were " in rotation ".........that you actually listened to, vs collected 

100 sounds like a real number. To me

So, What Turntable & cartridge is best...

Lol

Is there a concensus, big LP's guys favorite albums?

Many thanks

soon to be vinyl junkie

jeff