Anyone Using Crystals?

Are any members using crystals in their systems? If so, how are you using them to get good results?
sabai
I realize the idea of RFI/EMI absorption or dissipation using crystals has been bandied around a lot but actually I find that - in almost almost all cases - the method of operation is vibration control. It doesn’t make sense that crystals react one way or the other to RFI/EMI since RF is moving at light speed and is all around the room simultaneously, so the idea that a crystal or crystals can influence a room full of RFI/EMI is a little far fetched. Crystals are not magnets for RFI/EMI. Even when crystals are used in proximity to electron tubes or wall outlets or the circuit breaker box the method of operation is most likely vibration control, not RFI/EMI absorption, although I can see why some might think so.

This mechanism of crystals to control vibration can be easily demonstrated by placing my crystals on top of tube traps and other similar devices, allowing those devices to operate more efficiently. Also on glass windows and sliding glass doors. I always find its best not to constrain or suppress the natural operation of crystals as resonantors using Blu tack or similar materials rather let the crystals touch whatever you place them on unencumbered and free to resonate.
I think that there is no explanation that i know of, and your argument are sound to me, but in my experience blutak does not act negatively in all cases,and by my experiment the effect of crystals is not explained by the concept of vibration control, it is more complex than that and i have no scientific possibility to understand that...All crystals act in a synergetic manner together, compensating their effects in a positive or negative way, and no crystals act the same exactly, ocean jasper is not red jasper, and kambaba jasper act more like ocean jasper , way better than red jasper in my system and they act very well indeed...But the possibility to detect these subtle changes depend of your particular system, antecedent modifications etc...

Walker ideas to use metal bowl on walls, with crystal at the center of the bowls works, i try it myself with my owns means,how do you explain that this transform the acoustic of a room ? by damping the mechanical vibrations ? i dont buy that... Best regards to you, i must say that i have read your past posts at another forum by the way and that inspire me to experiment a great deal thank you...
Another remark, i speak of EMI,because i know that all piece of gear interact together, and with external fields also, by a means i cannot understand crystals and some stones modify that global field and this modify the acoustic field in the end...I cannot explain that and nobody i know of...Alas!
No later than today,i discover that agate works less well on top of my dac than ocean jasper and Kambaba jasper ? I dont think that only damping property of the crystal for mechanical vibrations can explain that...but i cannot contradict that if you say so.... I am not a scientist...
My products each employ various crystals of various sizes and types. The reason I use multiple crystal types per product is because all crystal types have their own "bandwidth" if you will, so using multiple crystals in the same location/application spreads out the effective bandwidth. The "bandwidth of operation" for a crystal is a function of the specific atomic structure of the crystal, a symmetrical 3D structure. So agate might work very well in one place but not so well in another place. And because crystals are resonators they can hurt the sound in some places. Trying to match a certain single crystal to an audio application is a little too much trial and error for me. 😀
More to discover