Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
@pegasus 
What I didn't say, racing to catch a plane.
Would need to mount the goose neck upside down and likely drill and tap a new wand clamp thread in the adapter on the other side.
My guess is that this would sort the VTA adjustment.

cheers 

Richard did you not like my sled and boat analogies ?

Pegasus
Or one needs an open bearing with less bearing stiffness, like the (very good) Adanalog MG 1 arm, or the many Ladegaard variations incl. the Trans-fi arm.

I tell you snowmobile and boat racing on a slalom type course can be alot of fun .... the sliding and drifting around on turns is very addictive.

8^0

@Chris 
In my younger days, I did a lot  of slalom waterskiing. The sensation is indeed addictive!
And your analogy fits the Trans Fi well.

I have a revised ET tower on the drawing board. It will probably be made out of Zinc and correct some of the minor issues I found with my last version.
Will keep you posted.
Itchy design fingers.
Hi Harry
Still has not arrived. a border customs thing ?  
I have used a combination of different length I Beam bolt, the one the threaded hollow piece screws into that holds the weights, and different size cart bolts, to help get to the end of the I beam in the past.

Richard
I won't water ski for fear of throwing out, or twinging one of my knees. I consider my daily run as far as my health (physical and mind) goes - No. 1. Listening to music is a solid second.  

Hi Chris,
Did customs figure out your $15.00 piece of plastic is not a danger to society yet?

Been reviewing prior posts and ran across those dealing with magnetic damping for the ET. I'd like to try it but, dunce that I am, I can't figure out where the platform to the left of the manifold where you put your magnet is located.

Harry