Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Jafant,I'm right outside of Chicago.Thanks for complements.I really do enjoy audio and have for along time.I just wish I could have learned more sooner,would have saved a lot of money!My Thiels are the best and the worst speakers I ever heard!Every change,good or bad makes a difference!I still have noticed more of a difference changing preamps rather than amps.Im burning in new rocket 44 cables and a big sur off my dac,so I need to leave it alone for awhile.I started thinking about selling xpa 1's to go back to one amp?I didn't get the wow factor going to monos,but my 805's are really happy with them!
Has anybody used a class d amp with Thiels?Ive heard technology has come along way.Thiel rep told me to look for an amp that doubles down,not limiting current.A lot of respectable amps still don't,but some class d amps do.Not fully doubling down is why he didn't like Emo amps,they don't.Xpa 1 is 600 at 8 and 1000 at 4, no 2 ohm rating,limiting current he said!
I have used Thiels many years and always had high current solid state amps with tubes in the preamp.  Currently using Mcintosh 501 mono’s with a pair of CS6 Thiels.  Also occasionally match them to an old Classe CA 200.  Both drive them equally well, have never used Class D’s.

I have however heard 3.7’s driven with a very modest NAD integrated amp, don’t remember the model, and it sound plenty robust to me.    

corvette...

A little while back I was driving my 3.5's with a Primare A34.2 class D amplifier - I forget which preamp I was using at the time - 150 watts into 8ohms, "almost double that" into 4 ohms. (The "almost..." quote direct from Primare when I inquired regarding the manual's lack of providing a 4 ohm rating.)

While I can't fault the Primare for anything it did or didn't do, I fall back on my preference for the Pass Labs X150.5 solid state amp with the 3.5's.  It's just a "me-thing" with Pass, even now when I'm happy with my Simaudio 330i integrated which is "only" 200 watts into 4 ohms. I hasten here to reiterate that I listen at VERY conservative levels, and I've never blown an amp or a speaker in my life. 
Very nice locale -corvette01

you have access to many, many excellent Audio shops in IL, WI and MN.

Happy Listening!