Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Careful, George!  You may find yourself accused of being "irrational," as I appear to have been in the second post following my previous post :-)

Best regards,
-- Al
Hi Al,

Don’t know, but I suspect you were simply caught up in flurry of the argument and thus the generalization. Can’t imagine anyone calling you irrational.

George on the other hand, is the poster child.

Dave
That's one of the primary functions of those silver type contact enhancers to fill in any micro gaps and establish a better more uniform contact surface between Mr. fuse and the fuse holder. I also suspect the silver plated fuse holder might have a smoother surface than a generic fuse holder but not completely sure about that. Better safe than sorry, just use the contact enhancer with the silver plated fuse holder. Why take chances?
almarg7,343 posts07-12-2017 7:02amCareful, George! You may find yourself accused of being "irrational," as I appear to have been in the second post following my previous post :-)

Best regards,
-- Al

Let them accuse Al, and we can both be called "flat earthers"
This "Tech Talk" forum and is for technical talk, I see nothing here that resembles this.
Maybe it should be moved to a new forum heading for things like this, called "Things we can't explain"

Cheers George
Georgehifi
Maybe it should be moved to a new forum heading for things like this, called "Things we can't explain"

Well, at least "Things you and Al can't explain," anyway.