Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Or to the power of suggestion and visual cues. Same reason why I do not understand sinking megabucks into the audio portion of HT, if you are planning on watching movies. We are very visual animals.
I have a pair of Avalon Avatars in my system now.
Other speakers have come & gone. I can't justify selling these. I paid $1750.00 at my Wilson dealer for these around 6 or 7 years ago. There is nothing I've heard at this price that can touch them.
I did sell my Apogee Mini Grands, but I have a very clean pair of Stages in my hallway, in boxes, waiting to go into a dedicated system. I'll pair these with James EMB-1200 subs. I know these will beat the Mini Grands, the James subs blend seamlessly with any speaker I've tried.
LEWM I'm trying to get ahold of you regarding my Soundlab A1-PX I can't find your email address anywhere. If you see this can you email me at vanderdm@shaw.ca Thanks!!
I loved the Heybrook HB1s I had in the U.K. in the mid 80s, then in '91 went to floorstanders that I still have in my home theater, Snell EIIIs, now my two channel system uses the Gallo 3.1s which I love the look and sound of, which will make it hard to part with them... but the call to greater efficiency is making me look around.
10 years. U decided yet?

A Maggie man, here, but your budget was unstated and surely crucial to a decision.

I have found that the better the electronics, the better they sound.