Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Good luck with after market fuses as i just talked to CJ and they are not UL approved so if your amp or preamp catches fire or your house burns down good luck.Plus i don't think your preamp or amp might not be covered under the warranty food for thought.Fuses fuses fuses good luck though!!
Well, I can’t say that I have done the suggested extensive experimentation (fuse one way, then the other way, then back again and again, then at different rotations, etc), nor do I plan to, but I was monkeying around this morning behind my equipment and knocked against the power cord feeding my ModWright 9.9 power supply, thus blowing the SR Black fuse inside. The fuse did its job. UL would be proud.

Not having another Black fuse of the proper rating/size on hand, I installed the stock fuse that came with the MW to get the system back up.

The soundstage collapsed like the Hindenburg; width, and especially depth, just went "poof". Not subtle at all. The sound with the stock fuse is not bad (yet different), but my world just became relatively two-dimensional and unacceptably smaller in proportion and space .

That’s my tale, now the FoS crowd (not you Al) can fire away about my sanity issues, lack of education, gullibility, etc. or how my equipment is crap (you out there Shadorne?).

Dave
The Flat Earth Society must be holding a meeting.They'll respond en masse shortly.

ebm
Good luck with after market fuses as i just talked to CJ and they are not UL approved so if your amp or preamp catches fire or your house burns down good luck.Plus i don’t think your preamp or amp might not be covered under the warranty food for thought.Fuses fuses fuses good luck though!!

Typical amp manufacturer thinking. How can the amp or preamp catch fire if the fuse blows? Duh! Aftermarket fuses have been around what, at least 15 years and we haven't lost anyone yet. Knock on wood.
Naive of me perhaps, but I never had envisioned where this thread had gone. My original posting asked about UL listing, are specialty fuses  supplied as original equipment, and directivity.