Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato

I’m bound to regret this, but just can’t resist. So, on one side we have Ralph Karsten and Roger Modjeski (as well as almarg and other posters here)---two of the best living audio engineers in the world (I obviously place value in "authority"), and on the other side those who claim fuses are directional. And the explanation for Ralph and Roger (and perhaps Al, etc.) disputing the even possibility of fuses being directional (AC being what it is) is that they are "deluded amp manufacturer(s)"? Ay carumba! Very fitting in these Trumpian days.

I guess the designs of those two engineers sounding as good as they do it just plain ol' fortuitous luck. not because they know and understand what factors in electronic design lead to good sound. Thankfully we have some non-deluded audiophiles, not blinded to empirical findings by their knowledge and "beliefs", to keep hi-fi progress moving in the right direction.

@bdp24  don't resist the need to voice your concerns and beliefs. This is what forums are for. 

Trumpian?
I do not think it means what you think it means. 
-Inigo Montoya

All the best,
Nonoise
@bdp24   

Totally agree. They refuse to defuse but choose to infuse an effusive obfuscation instead. Obfusely everyone knows a fuse when flipped around is an esuf which sounds different. Now you can't argue that 
Wow! It’s about time the intellectuals showed up. Welcome aboard, sailors!

bdp24
I’m bound to regret this, but just can’t resist. So, on one side we have Ralph Karsten and Roger Modjeski (as well as almarg and other posters here)---two of the best living audio engineers in the world (I obviously place value in "authority"), and on the other side those who claim fuses are directional. And the explanation for Ralph and Roger (and perhaps Al, etc.) disputing the even possibility of fuses being directional (AC being what it is) is that they are "deluded amp manufacturer(s)"? Ay carumba! Very fitting in these Trumpian days.

bdp24, you don’t even know what an Appeal to Authority is, do you? You cannot win arguments using the Appeal to Authority since not all authorities agree. Follow? You can’t cherry pick your authorities. 🍒 Truth is not established by who can shout louder than the other guy or who has the most perseverance or who has the best credentials. Actually, if I can be blunt about it, one need look no further than the owner of Audioquest to find a real authority on cables and wire who is a strong proponent of wire directionality. Wire is directional. All wire. His opinion trumps all the naysayers, amp manufacturers, whatever. Trump. Get it? The arguments against fuse directionality are a big nothing burger. 🍔

note to self: No one has disputed that cables are directional, you know the ones without shields. So, if they accept that cables are directional they must be getting close to getting on board the fuse directionality train. Really close. All aboard!! 🚇