Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Well, one thing good came of this thread I started. Recognition that 12 Angry Men is a great movie.

Who likes The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance? I thing that’s another great movie that has clear relevance to this thread. How? Liberty’s silver handled whip vs Ranse’s gold watch. Merits of silver vs gold, of course.
I've watched that movie so many times. It never gets old. Lee Marvin was so deliciously evil in it and Strother Martin was so creepy as one of his henchmen, along with a young Lee Van Cleef.

John Wayne had more emotional range back in those days and used it to portray some darker sides to his characters. He was even better in The Searchers.  And let's not forget good old Jimmy Stewart. From a timid practicing lawyer to the one who stole Wayne's girl (though she never saw it that way) only to become the Senator who owed it all to The Duke. 
Great movie.

Sorry about going off on tangent but if you like that one, check out Donovan's Reef. It's in a lighter vein but has Wayne and Marvin in one of the best pairings Hollywood has ever done.

All the best,
Nonoise

I talked with a software engineer who also had a masters degree in electrical engineering. He said, "Let me look at it."

About an hour later he came to me and said, "I've found the problem, let me show you." He had found a 250 kHz signal modulated onto the power sine wave.  

You said it all buckhorn_cortez
He as an engineer measured and he found.
There's non of that going on here with the pro side of fuses can sound better, also when they are reversed.

Cheers George