Best indoor FM antenna, your experience.

I am not able to do an outdoor antenna where I live.  Looking for the best I can do with an indoor antenna.  Stations I want to listen to are 50 to 80 air miles away."
Thanks
whatjd
I wish I had a good solution. They pretty much all failed me.

The best indoors was the cheap antennas IF and only IF I could turn them around correctly.  You have to keep them parallel to the ground, but turning them around was what would make a huge difference. If you were an antenna, stretch your arms out and turn around in a circle. So, sometimes taping to the ceiling was my only option.

I always wanted to try the really BIG indoor TERK antenna’s though.

I tried a couple of their small antenna’s. They were garbage. The few years I had with a turnable outdoor arial was heaven.

Alternative: Almost ALL FM stations are on the internet. Try it! :)

Best,

E
Years ago, I installed a big Radio Shack outdoor antenna in my attic with an attached electric motor and used a Radio Shack wired hand-held rotator control to remotely rotate the antenna from my listening room to best tune in each station. Worked pretty well.

Dave
Magnum Dynalab makes a one piece whip antenna that can be used indoors or outdoors.  I use one in each of my systems and they work very well.  I think they go around 130-150.00.
ST-2   - it is a 1/2 wave whip

I just use an old RadioShack black 'wafer' (folded or coiled antenna) with a Grateful Dead sticker on it

depending on your problems, you may need a directional Yagi or other design