Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Teo,

Excellent info and analysis. I just wish the naysayers just accept the fact that there is a difference. Who really cares the reason? I tried different fuses and configurations and picked the best that worked for me. Just sit back and enjoy the music stop the analysis paralysis!
DC or ac application of a fuse in the world of audio means it is subject to having signal modulated though it, in almost every single case of use. Except that of lets say a DC output power supply into another dc circuit. Minimized flow changes.... but there may still be some residual modulation in the throughput of the given fuse, if it is hooked up to a circuit which modulates draw..as... Audio = inconstant dynamic ac signal.
+1
Reducing intermodulation is indeed the name of the game.  If employing fuses in DC circuits, local bypass capacitance is always a sound design practice.

We don't employ any fuses in the DC circuits of our equipment. They are all on the AC primaries of the power transformers involved. In most of our amplifiers there are three power transformers per channel. They are there to help reduce intermodulations that can otherwise occur in the circuit.

Who really cares the reason is confirmation bias and not actual sound quality!!