Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
To the people here on Audiogon that have seen me post from time to time over the years please accept my apologies. I'm really not a sh*t stirrer. I never intended or expected or dreamed that this thread would ignite passions the way it has. I'm sorry! To the folks that have had strokes or heart attacks because of this thread, please go listen to some chill music. To the people who have put up reasoned posts, I suggest walk away and whistle, don't worry, look at the bright side of life. To those on the sidelines, hopefully you won't need to buy anymore popcorn. 
Al, if they had wished to say what you’re assuming they were saying, they would simply have said, in the range 0-5%. That’s a range. One number is not a range. However, there is no difference in the data sheets for resistance more than about 0.5%. Thus, your interpretation makes no sense, even allowing for language differences. You could be pulling my leg. Is this a lawyer trick? 😀

zavato OP
To the people here on Audiogon that have seen me post from time to time over the years please accept my apologies. I’m really not a sh*t stirrer. I never intended or expected or dreamed that this thread would ignite passions the way it has. I’m sorry! To the folks that have had strokes or heart attacks because of this thread, please go listen to some chill music. To the people who have put up reasoned posts, I suggest walk away and whistle, don’t worry, look at the bright side of life. To those on the sidelines, hopefully you won’t need to buy anymore popcorn.

Translation: "I didn’t do nothin’."

Geoffkait 7-19-2017
However, there is no difference in the data sheets for resistance more than about 0.5%. Thus, your interpretation makes no sense, even allowing for language differences. You could be pulling my leg. Is this a lawyer trick? 😀
I would respectfully point out that the four numbers I clearly cited in my previous post, namely 4.6%, 3.8%, 4.4%, and 3.6%, are all "more than about 0.5%."

Regards,
-- Al

Unfortunately, the numbers you cite don’t - by themselves support - HiFi Tuning’s contention in their Interpretation of Measurements section that the differences are around 5%, or in the range of 5%, whatever. Those 4 relatively high numbers are OUTLIERS and can be thrown out. In fact, HIFI TUNING cautions AGAINST using glass fuses, IIRC. Most differences on the data sheets are, by far, an order of magnitude lower than 5%. End of argument. It should also be pointed out we ALREADY KNOW that directionality is only ONE VARIABLE involved with fuses sounding the way they do. Which is why folks often report aftermarket fuses sounding better than stock fuses right away, even when NOT installed in the right direction. Shall we review all the fuse variables?

Of course, the real interesting thing in the fuse measurements was that listening tests correlated to measurements, i.e., the best sounding directional was ALWAYS the direction with least resistance. It’s NOT random. Also note fuse holders were NOT used in the fuse measurements per se but their resistance measurements appears separately. So, we can dispense with the fuse holder argument.

This is all starting to look like a case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

If the glove doesn’t fit you must acquit.