Upgrade Quandary: Ref 75SE vs Ref 150 (non SE)

I have a ARC Ref 75 (non SE). I’m trying to decide whether to upgrade it to the 75SE through ARC or sell it here and buy an ARC 150 (non SE). For the sake of this debate, let’s assume costs are equal (I know they are not).
Here’s what I’m after
1) More control in the bass
2) More control in upper midrange (same as bass note above)
3) Not deviate too far from the other elements of sound I have.

Room: 21deep x14wide x10high
Dedicated audio

Gear:
Wilson Audio Sasha (1)
Lumin T1 source
ARC Ref 3 pre
ARC Ref 75
Transparent Ultra g5 balanced ICs and speaker cables.
Bass traps in 2 front corners, 1st, 2nd reflection diffusers.

Thanks MUCH!
P.S. No I can’t audition either amp. in my system.
P.S.S. I’ve auditioned a couple solid state amps, they don’t do it for me. Much more bass (too much) and complete control was found, but they gave up too much in too many areas, like air around the instruments and voices and bloom that I love about tube power.

Ag insider logo xs@2xjo1mtb

I agree with sonicsmith, I think the 75 is in a sweet spot for ARC, who seem to produce the great, classic amps in the 50 to 100watt output window, like the D60 for example. I certainly preferred the sweetness you describe, to the sound of the Ref 150.

In answer to your question, I don't think you lose anything with the SE upgrade, just gain better grip and base in particular. My amp is staying till it gives up the ghost and if I have to change speakers, I will make sure they match the ARc's output, but my Daedalus speakers ain't going anywhere either.

If you want to get the flavour of the SE upgrade, you can by just changing the tubes, it's quite safe, I and many others did it and you save on ARC's tube prices, if you buy from say Upscale audio. The only problem is you can't put the top of the amp back on, but no problem. It will give you a large part of the SE upgrade, without the cost. ARC may huff and puff about using the tubes in the factory upgrade. They told me they might not be perfectly matched!! Silly me, I thought that's what adjustable bias was for. With the full upgrade, the amp top can fit back on.

In truth, I am sure I would be very happy with the Ref 75 and 150. Both I expect, will be revered amps for years to come and will maintain a good resale value.

On the other hand :-)- it deserves noting that Warren Gehl of ARC uses the Ref 150se in his reference system that he uses for ARC's final check-subjective auditioning-of every piece that leaves the factory. Mikey Fremer's two episode video of his recent visit/tour of the ARC facility (available on Youtube) reveals this fact. Warren compares the sound of other amps to the Ref150se as his-pun-reference-before they go out the door.
Checking back in on this.  
I listened to the Ref 150 for quite a while. Just sold it on here. It is a VERY nice amp, but to me the sweetness of the 75 it can't match.  
It beats the 75 in soundstage depth, grip, venue/ambiance, and pace. But to my ears the 75 beats it nearly everywhere else; timbre, sweetness, finer grain, acoustic bellows tube sound, emotional connection to the artist(s) - and I never feel like I'm missing the extra watts.  
Also, I just purchased a 75SE.  Should be here tomorrow.  My 75 will be going up for sale here.  
Thanks all.