Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Post removed 
catalysis...

Great tip. I actually sent my mids to Rob when I bought my first pair of 3.5's and figured the $600 I paid for the work was a good investment in what is a truly amazing loudspeaker. My nephew now has those.  

A good while after after that I found another pair of 3.5's from a fellow member and Thielista for $350 - can't beat that with any stick!

VERY worth any repair investment!
Good to see you- oblgny

hopefully, your Summer in NY is filled with good music.
Happy Listening!
All good here thanks jafant. Hope it’s a good summer for you also.

Oblgny I totally agree with you that it’s worth the rebuild fee and that’s exactly what I’ll be doing.

The nice thing about the Aleene’s repair is twofold really. First it allows me, or anyone else for that matter, to save up rather than have to unexpectedly cough up the money up front or load a credit card. That said, had the Aleene’s not worked so magnificently I wouldn’t have hesitated to send them to Rob immediately. Interestingly, Rob says that as the rebuilds are measured against a reference it isn’t necessary to rebuild both, but I’d just feel happier doing that.

The other thought in my mind is that presumably Thiel rebuilds won’t be around forever, so it’s good to know this nearly free repair can, in some cases, provide a solution to keep them singing.