Tekton Double Impact & Comb Filtering

Like many of you, I have been pondering purchasing these speakers but am very curious about the unusual tweeter array. I asked the smartest speaker person that I know (he is a student of Sean Olive) about the design and below is what he had to say.   

"In theory it could work, but the driver spacing means that the crossover point would need to be very low.
He is using the SB acoustics tweeter which is 72mm in diameter, center to center on the outside opposing drivers is around 5.7 inches, which is about 2400Hz. This means that combing would stop between 1/4 to 1/2 of the wavelength (between 1200-600Hz) is where the outside tweeters should start playing nice with each other.
Since he is not using low enough crossover points he has created a comb filtering monster. Now while it's not the great point source that was promised, it's no worse than most line arrays and the combing will average itself out given enough listening distance.

The MTM spacing on the other hand is ridiculous. Hopefully he is cutting the top end off on one of those midrange drivers to avoid combing."

seanheis1
Ok, he does not have a pair to measure the actual driver distances, determine crossover points, test response, etc.... I guess he is looking at pictures..LOL!

Please own up to the fact that your post is mere speculation and irresponsible at best. 
Missioncoon,

Is it the fact the haters own expensive speakers and the thought that something in this price range is so good, it cuts into their systems' "exclusivity". Are they audio snobs? Wow, I really hope not.

Is this you,

Make me go away.

Kenny.

How is Kenny wasting anyone’s time? He owns the Double Impacts and is very familiar with their sound quality. What is more reliable than this experience? It is rather strange that people who have no direct experience with a product can form such strong opinions based purely on speculation and preconceived beliefs.

In reality there are quite a few audiogon members who’ve posted exceptionally positive comments regarding these speakers. I place far more value on the perspectives and comments from those who have actual listening experience than those who play the role of armchair quarterback. Relying on "math" is no substitute for direct listening to an audio product.
Charles
Charles,

+1 on your intelligent wisdom.

Has been said many times there is no "Perfect" speaker but there is some that come close in the listeners sonic presentation priorities and the only true test is to listen to them in your room,with your system and music.

We can throw math and physics into the equation with any speaker or component and It may be nice to know but still the bottom line is how does it connect the individual to the music.

It's all about the Music is it not.

Kenny.
Grannyring,

+1 on your intelligent wisdom also.

Ok, he does not have a pair to measure the actual driver distances, determine crossover points, test response, etc.... I guess he is looking at pictures..LOL!

Please own up to the fact that your post is mere speculation and irresponsible at best.

I could easily look at pictures of the Jbl 530 as a example and I could speculate that they probably don't sound that good but I have' to heard them and that would be pure speculation.

Kenny.