Ayon CD transport problems

I have an AYON CD-2S, purchased new 3 years ago. About 6 months out of the 1 year warranty, the transport started to exhibit occasional reading problems.

A CD would be inserted, play for a short or longer while and then play would stop with the display reading LOAD!
This persisted on and off on a rather random basis until yesterday when it happened repeatedly. I turned off the player, let it sit for about 5 minutes and then proceeded to play 3 discs at which point the player would read the disc, start playing, stop, display read load, would read the disc, then the display would read LOAD.......etc. Same issues today.

Contacted AYON USA to find they wanted close to $1000 plus approx. $300 shipping to replace the Phillips transport! When I commented that I had every CD player I had ever bought in the last 30 years and that they all still worked and that I had never had a transport fail............I was told it was bad luck!

Having spent what I consider to be a huge amount of money to purchase the player originally, I feel as if I would be spending good money after bad to get who knows how much or little time out of my player with another transport.

Has anyone else had this type of failure from an AYON or any top loading CD player with a Phillips transport?

nedman52
Actually, I am thinking it is because it is not mass produced that the Ayon is problematic. 

I know this is redundant to say, but for the cost of the unit you all should have been receiving excellent customer service at a steeply discounted price.  They know there is a problem with their design and apparently have not been able to adress it.
Hello, i have Ayon CD2s but i don't know how to make DAC working. Can your guys help me.

Thank you

You have a choice of inputs for the DAC on the back of the CD2-S. You can use Toslink, Single ended or USB cables depending on your source. You then can scroll through the various input options using the far right red button on the top control panel or use the input selector on the remote.

I use the tousling (optical) input to use my AK120 for playback.

Should work fine for you.

Ned
Hi guys, I've been using an Ayon CD-1s for 7-8 years, and here's a simple fix for the transport issue. You will need a technician to open up the player to fix it.

It has to do with the tiny "button' in the inner lip of the transport tray - between the button and the micro switch is the axle, and there's a small piece of black rubber glued to the axle end before the micro switch. This piece of rubber tends to shrink with age/heat, it gets softer, and won't exert the necessary pressure on the micro switch.

According to a message Ayon sent me, "therefore sometimes the axel can’t press down the micro-switch fully, actually you need only reduce the brass-distance holder from originally 10mm to 9mm ( use a simple grinder bench), and then the axel shaft comes up 1 mm more... or replace the rubber by a similar piece. You do not need any spare parts."

I've had the issue twice and my technician friend read the email and sorted it out. Should anyone here need more info, you can email me at bassraptor@gmail.com and I will forward you what Ayon told me.