recommendations for amplifiers that don't emit tons of heat

I tried a Krell ksa 150 and while I liked the sound, it was like having a space heater in the room. I now have an Audio research vt100. It sounds fantastic, but it makes the room hot as well. Not as bad as the Krell, but it's still a drag in the summer.

I'm guessing I should just suck it up, but I'm curious what cooler running options there are that sound as good (or better)... suggestions?
tripg
@tripg 
The Ayre were a bit bass shy in their early iterations, but the more current models are not.
I would opt for a good sub, as your speakers aren't floorstanders, should you want full deep bass. 
A Vandersteen sub would allow you to use a lower power amp as it relieves it from the demands of bass frequencies. Plus, it would integrate seamlessly.
B

Vtvmtodvm the biggest power consumer in a tube amp is usually the heaters for the cathode that's why they waist so much power to run at idle. more tubes you have the more cathodes you need to heat and more heat in the room you get. the Heaters are only so electrons can flow inside the tube they do nothing else.

also tubes are not that good for THD at their max output that's why good designers usually run them conservatively.  

for an example KT 88’s have a heater current of 1.6 amps each tube....where as the power dissipated is around 5mili amps
glennewdick---As you say, KT88 filament current is specified as 1.6 Amperes. The related filament voltage is 6.3 Volts. That's TEN WATTS of power dissipation that's consumed merely to "light up" the quiescent KT88 vacuum tube. In that state, the tube is merely at passive idle; it's not doing any functional amplification. It's serving only to emit heat + dim illumination. Additional power is then consumed when the tube is subsequently biased to pass current from cathode to plate. That's truly archaic efficiency.
Yes---and 1.6 A. x 6.3 V. = 10 WATTS.

And that power is consumed merely to "light up" one KT88 to a quiescent state, where it does nothing more than emit 10 watts of heat and light. Additional dissipation, over and above this wasteful filament dissipation, is required to perform active amplification.