Onkyo SV828 THX runs very warm

I have an Onkyo sv828THX i purchesed tis from the orignal owner and friend. Problem is with just a pair of Grado 125s this reciever gets quite warm, now i have it hooked to a pair of Celestion Compact A s and it has improved only slightly it has a varible load/speed fan that only comes on at power up and then only for a few seconds no Hum no noise just heat.Onkyo is little help when asked they said they wouldn't have the parts because it's to old (1997)this is a perfect reciever and i don't want to cook it. Even tho the Celestions are a difficult load this is a monster. So am i safe or is this 38 pound foot stool in trouble? Thanks Randy
art2music
I've own one of those...bought it new around 9-10 years ago...as good as it gets, without one problem! An Onkyo best buy that I will keep untill the day it dies.

It's somewhat rare to find a receiver that has both...amp-in and pre-outs.

Dave
Perhaps the pre stage is class A circuitry? I use a Harmon Kardon AVR7200 as a pre and it runs very hot.
Thanks to Nuguy as well as Sogood 51 for your input, i have Never seen or heard the fan come on (except at startup) and don't want to damange it Onkyo is of little help.Is the preamp stage class A ? Again Thank You.