Journey ending speakers

Listening to to my  stereo last night thinking about what upgrade I may do in the future. May upgrade my CD player or change phono cart or a new arm? But one of the things I will never change is my speakers. My journey has ended with the speakers I have now. Are you like me and have your forever speakers? Oh mine are a set of 30 year old 4 way JBL  Studio Monitors 4345s.
ricpan
Von Schweikert VR55 Aktives - would be happy to keep them rest of my life. Best I have heard so far and I have heard many in homes and at shows.
I've had the big Quad ESL's for 10 years now, and don't ever plan to change. Augment, maybe ...
ATC SCM50 active.  Absolutely incredible.  Finally listening to music the way it was intended to be heard.
I have had 6 speakers in the lsst 5 years. Recently I bought Martin Logan  latest 11-A Loudspeaker With a active 24bit  crossover, dual powered woofers per cabinet premium parts And upgraded throughout . I have done mods for years 
The only thing I could find was just upgrade 3 capacitors to premium Mundorf,
And clarity caps, stock  sounded very good ,after mods better still. 91 db efficient for a Electrostat panel is very respectable.
My seating means 4 ft distance needed for others L to R and the so called sweet spot As with Any speaker is in the Middle. Having 1/3rd of the panel curved gives a much wider window then a flat panel. The speed of the panel is 2nd to none .
$10k retail is not cheap but I got them for under $8k in cherry cabinet. and with Bass drivers firing front and rear per speaker 550watts per side 2 ICE amps per cabinet with Bass room correction taking the room out of the equation with midbass,as well as low bass adjustments in room Bass to around 26hz in my room is very respectable, and SPL levels  over 110db possible which is severe ear damage level which I will never play at  .
The realism and involvement is far better then Anything they have made previously .Designed still in the U.S,and hand built in Canada. I had up to $16k to  spend 
And I could not be happier with my decision. One thing they won't do though is sugar coat a poor recording.  You will hear even more so any distortion artifacts ,that being said a average or great recording  puts you pretty close to the event.
Excellent replies as above. Thiel CS 2.4SE  loudspeakers for me.
Happy Listening!