Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@333jeffery I did drive the Tekton Double Impacts with the NAD M27 for a short time. This was a few months ago, and I was evaluating the Oppo UDP 205 (rather than the M27s or the DIs). Driven by the 205 - M27s pairing the DIs sounded very clean with tons of detail.

I’m breaking in a Pass XA30.8 now. If you need to make a decision quickly, I can swap in the M27; otherwise, I can put it in system a week from now. Let me know.

+1 on what @vitop says in his above post. If you like the sound of good
Class D, you should be ok with it. As you know, and as has been mentioned many times in the thread -- The DIs are honest and will reflect what you have in the chain ahead of them.

FYI, The M27s are Hypex N-Core.
@roxy1927   As you know, so much of our hobby is about personal preferences and personal choices based on any number of varying factors. The only way for you to truly know is to hear the Kef Blades and the upper level Tektons for yourself and decide. 

I don't believe there is a perfect speaker out there, but at the individual level there are probably some; and for you it might be the Kefs or Tekton or something else. 

The Tekton owners as well as some other active members on this thread are very helpful and if you are looking for specific guidance, do reach out.
It will be a few weeks before I make any changes, so no rush. I'm looking at some of Merrill's offerings. They seem to get universal praise.
@333jeffery, two things:

1.) How are your Ulfs doing? Have they they settled in yet? You think they’re still that much of a difference between the DIs, say, the DIs are about 70% of the Ulfs?

2.) It might sound like I’m biased, but I swear I’m not. The D-Sonic amps from Houston, Texas kick the hell out of the NAD gear, for a much lower price. Even if, let’s say, both amps were sonically on par, you’re still looking at a much lower cost with an incredible build from the D-Sonics, to boot. I matched up my AHB2 with the D-Sonic amp, and there wasn’t much of a difference in instrument separation, bass-grip, and headroom up to about 100 watts. The only supposed knock on Class D amps, to me, is that they are switching amps, and they just don’t switch fast enough to not futz with the incoming signal. That is to say, if one buys into the science of upsampling to reconstruct the original wav, like I do, then you’re defeating a little bit of the sonic purpose. I liken it to not quite letting the full flow of a water out of your garden hose, though that’s what you require to water the lawn.

On the other hand, it’s highly suspect that the human ear can hear the difference with a switching amp disallowing small trickles of water at a time. Then again, if water was missing but one molecule, it would no longer be water, and the same could be said for accurate reproduction of sound.

You have a Schitt Yggy, right?
@evolvist  I mentioned bringing the  M27 in as a check, in case it was beneficial for @333jeffery to get a baseline for Class D. I believe @333jeffery is playing at a level far above the M27. : )  : )  : )